One-off sessions are a great option if you’re looking for specific advice on a certain topic.
As a lead product designer, I constantly interview candidates to grow our product design team. Candidates often overlook many considerations on both the resume and interview prep work. Writing your resume and setting up for successful interviews can be stressful, especially if you are already …
This may be the session you are looking for if you are just popping in to get a sense of how I mentor and give feedback. Whether you are a student or a design professional, this is the time for us to sit down and …
As a lead product designer on interview panels, I see many great use-case-based portfolio pieces that clearly demonstrate candidates' product thinking skills and business acumen. <br><br>Together, we will use our 45 min session to focus on the following:<br>• Understanding your goals and timeline so we …
Hi, nice to meet you! Having the experience of transitioning from a visual designer to a product design lead, as well as 10+ years of working experience, I may be able to offer you a handful of frameworks and tools to help direct you onto …
As a lead product designer, I constantly interview candidates to grow our product design team. Candidates often overlook many considerations on both the resume and interview prep works. By prepping thoroughly, let's help you feel more in control throughout the interview process. <br><br>We will use …
😁 Hi, I am Guea, a lead product desgner at Rakuten overseeing the engagement vertical within the product org. Previous to Rakuten, I had the opportunity to build and implement a design system across multiple products at GoodRx and Facebook (now Meta). I lead design initiatives with solid business insights and retain strong domain knowledge within the business sector. I also have vast experience shipping complex end-to-end features that serve multiple teams' needs. I enjoy facilitating design thinking workshops to guide product partners and teams onto clear paths. I advocate for designers being equal thought partners to product counterparts by staying curious, aware, and ready to problem solve.
If you are new to product design, I can help you with the following:
• Break into the field as a designer
• Career shifting
• Portfolio and interview prepping
• Product thinking and product shaping
• Establishing frames works to help you succeed in your new role
• Building rapport with teams and counterparts
• Develop a plan to advance both hard skills and soft skills
If you are looking to become a senior/lead designer, I can help you with the following:
• Communicating user needs to stakeholders
• Establish and build upon product lifecycle frameworks to be easily adaptable within workplaces.
• How to design a complex end-to-end feature that serves the needs of multiple teams.
• Facilitate design thinking workshops to drive user and business-product thinking and guide partners onto clear paths.
• Make difficult trade-offs in return for a holistic product scope with feasible solutions.
• Designing scalable products that can be built and improved iteratively.
• Leverage user research insights to reduce product gaps to achieve broader organizational goals.
• How to work within ambiguity and communicate upward
5 out of 5 stars
Gueayea is an experienced and knowledgable designer and a personable mentor. She was able to move seamlessly from practical tips on interviewing and presenting oneself to intangible factors to be mindful of in the interviewing process. She's also a lovely person and I felt supported during our time together.
5 out of 5 stars
My knowledge and skill set have greatly expanded since becoming a mentee to Gueayea. When speaking with her, it is clear that she is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. She's splendid!
5 out of 5 stars
Gueayea has been so on top of things. Sharing detailed and clear notes on areas to improve, follow-up on post-session questions, and adjusting meetings to where I need help the most. A great mentor that I would recommend to anyone.
We will send you a quick email if Gueayea has new open spots for mentorship, and only in that case!