Code of Conduct
Last Update: November 23, 2023
A primary goal of MentorCruise is to be inclusive to the largest number of mentors and
mentees, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, we are committed to
providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual
orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our
community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all those who participate in MentorCruise to help us create safe and positive
experiences for everyone.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert the staff if you
notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of
Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Cultivate a network of honesty, support & encouragement for each other
- Be respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences.
- Gracefully accept constructive criticism.
The following behaviors are considered unacceptable within our
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race,
religion, or disability.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes.
- Sustained disruption of the community and community events.
- Deceiving behaviour, such as posting fake reviews, misrepresenting your experience or
acting under a pseudonym.
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Unacceptable use of AI
As a platform that connects mentors and mentees, we are committed to providing a safe and welcoming
environment for both parties. AI is a welcome tool to do so, however the human connection is the
most important part of the mentorship. As such, we do not allow the following:
- Using AI to impersonate another human – be it another mentor, another professional, using it to post
fake reviews as a mentee or to create fake profiles
- Utilizing AI outputs verbatim in your communication with mentees, without disclosing that you
are using AI.
- Excessive use of AI as part of your mentorship program, without the usage of any proprietary
tools, datasets or models.
- Use of AI to generate content published through MentorCruise.
Failing to follow the community guidelines as described in this document carries
consequences. For minor infractions, you may be temporarily suspended from the platform. Upon repeat
offenses, or if the community believes you are not acting in
good faith, you may be asked to leave permanently.
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please
notify a community organizer as soon as possible, using the report form or by writing
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you
should notify inf[email protected] with a concise description of your grievance.