$490 / month
4 calls per month (75min/call)
Unlimited Q&A via chat
Expect responses in 24 hours or less
No spots left, but you can save the mentor to your wishlist to get notified about their open spots!
I'm helping developers and tech entrepreneurs to get deeper into building software ⛏
To give you a couple of examples:
- accompanied self-taught developers to get a good job in the industry by hammering out software projects, branded content, and preparing for interviews the right way
- helped devs to come up with project ideas and bring them to life with the right accompanying resources
- helped entrepreneurs who wanted to learn the details of software to get the code and setup right for their product ideas
There are a couple of blog posts about that in my blog if you'd like to dig deeper into their journeys.
I'm helping supporting you with all sorts of things like...
- setting up projects
- make better decisions in code
- steer projects in the right direction
- polish your teamwork flows and communication
- setting up some sort of a personal brand
- level up your career
- make better products
It might be not quite obvious from the text above, but I'm an emoji heavy-user so please bear with me 🙏 (more interpersonal stuff here: richstone.io/about)
If you need to bounce any thoughts on any of the topics, just hit me up :))
How this usually works step by step:
1. You explain your situation and motivation in some detail (in writing)
2. Get to know call and potentially commitment if there’s a match
3. High-level plan and collaboration proposal
6. Detailed plan proposal
7. Regular catch-ups and intermittent support to boost your progress
Here are also some up-to-date FAQs about my availabilities and current coaching structure. These may change depending on my current project, so make sure to read through them thoroughly:
All clear and set? Then let's have a chat :))
Still not sure why I'm the right one for you to help?
Check out this summary of my software engineering adventures so far:
After completing my computer science studies some years, I was drawn into the wondrous world of web APIs and web applications which I'm currently continuing to explore, helping to build the best webinar software out there (WebinarGeek).
As a writer ✍️ / visualizer 🎨 / teacher 🧑🏫 at richstone.io I'm also spreading the message of the most human-friendly web programming technologies: Ruby and Rails. And how you get rolling with them in TDD, pair programming, CI/CD and API mode 🚀
In my super-duper practical computer science course in Berlin, I was mainly focused on web apps, computer graphics, machine learning, and data engineering with the help of some almighty JS, Python and Java technologies.
I've started working in software teams during my first semester of studies and since then I experienced a big variety of projects, team dynamics, technologies, and tech interviews.
Hope that gives you some confidence to set up a chat with me sometime ;))
5 out of 5 stars
Rich has been great so far, he is patient and tried to help in some code improvment whenever is possible
5 out of 5 stars
Rich accompanied me from knowing absolutely nothing about Ruby on Rails to releasing my first production app in less than 6 months. He's been a fantastic mentor and he's also just a great person to know and talk to.
5 out of 5 stars
Rich is a great, knowledgeable, experienced and professional developer. We had a great exchange of ideas and he then presented an excellent roadmap to follow on my learning journey.
We will send you a quick email if Rich has new open spots for mentorship, and only in that case!