MentorCruise is an education platform which has the goal to connect self-driven and aspiring tech students
with experienced and impressive professionals. We currently offer mentorship opportunities in the categories
Engineering & Data, Design and Business.
Mentors and students can currently choose between the following services:
- Chat: The ability for students to chat with their mentor. Every mentor has to
provide this service.
- Weekly Goals & Activities: The mentor sets weekly goals and activities for the student. These
can consist of small challenges and project or reading material. They are supposed to help towards
reaching a bigger end goal.
- 1-on-1 Talks: The mentor is available for 1-on-1 phone calls. How often these occur, is meant to agreed on
between the student and the mentor. They can be irregular and spontaneous or weekly/monthly.
- Hands-on Coding Support: The mentor is willing to help the student with code, by giving him hints or even
pointing out or fixing smaller bugs. Important: Mentors are not freelancers! Wanting them to implement
components or help with a commercial product is not tolerated. Mentors: it is okay to say no.
We want to transform the way people learn new skills and grow into new careers. We want to help with your personal
growth, but also with your career development. If we manage to remodel education, we make a valuable contribution
to all other problems that need solving.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela
Education can be improved in many places. We think these are some of the most important:
- Education shouldn't be exclusive to people with a certain wealth, race or gender.
- Education should be fun and exciting.
- Education should not equal debt.
We really hope that you share this mindset with us. If you do, we would love you to get involved as a student