Building your confidence
We often compare ourselves to other founders or CEOs in social media or the news, not realizing that we are looking at a single frame, in someone's movie.
Getting past imposter syndrome
- Recognize that you are not alone! Take comfort from knowing others have gone through similar feelings before too!
- Talk to other CEOs or Founders who have been successful in their own ventures before. MentorCruise is a great opener for this very reason. They will understand what it means when someone says "I'm not good enough" because they've probably felt that before themselves.
- Be yourself. More often than not, we try so hard to be someone that we are not, and it shows. You are unique, grow beyond "who you should be" and be yourself.
- Celebrate your achievements. Its easy to lose track of our achievements, and get overwhelmed by our to-do list. Write down your achievements and review them by week's end.
- Plan for success. Get your steps in order. Make systems that work for you and your goals. And make sure to follow trough. Don't be afraid to iterate and change your processes over time.
- If you feel fear doing something, congratulations. Its your brain telling you are past your confort zone. Good. Try not to freeze. Keep hustling.
Can you name your IKIGAI?
It might take more than one session (it took me 3). Make sure to write down your progress and review it with a clear mind.
It's important for leaders to let their personality shine through in their conversations. I don't mean being flashy or arrogant, but showing that they're human like everyone else is. Mistakes will happen, so make sure to learn from them and move on!