Happy new year! I enjoy mentoring because I understand how hard it can be get started in design, and because (selfishly) it helps me clarify my own thoughts.
I'm a self-taught product designer located in San Francisco. I'm one of two designers at a small/medium legal tech startup, InCloudCounsel, and previously designed a chatbot platform at the Wells Fargo Innovation Group. Before that, I worked on an ecommerce platform at a medium-size startup, Skava, plus custom projects for clients like Apple.
What I can help with:
• Transitioning into UX or product design with no design degree
• Improving your portfolio
• A strategy for improving your skills (which ones, when, and how)
• Understanding what "collaborating with product and engineering" actually means
• Choosing the kind of company to work for
Other stuff about me:
• I have a passion for work with a mission. Some past projects include a website redesign for Tech for Campaigns, and websites and ads for local or state-level political campaigns. I've also worked with an early-stage startup in government procurement.
• Design interests: Design systems, career paths, creating processes with product and engineering, no-code tools like Notion and Webflow
• Other interests: Baking, Kpop, musicals
Feel free to get in touch to see if we might be a good fit! If you have clear goals and questions, great – let me know. If not, I'll ask you a bunch of questions so we can figure it out together.
We will send you a quick email if Robyn has new open spots for mentorship, and only in that case!