Happy new year! I enjoy mentoring because I understand how hard it can be get started in design, and because (selfishly) it helps me clarify my own thoughts.
I'm a self-taught product designer located in San Francisco. I was hired as designer #1 (now a team of 7) at a growth-stage legal tech startup, Ontra, and previously designed a chatbot tool at the Wells Fargo Innovation Group. Before that, I worked on an ecommerce platform at a medium-size startup, Skava, plus custom projects for clients like Apple.
What I can help with:
• Transitioning into UX or product design with no design degree
• Improving your portfolio
• A strategy for improving your skills (which ones, when, and how)
• Understanding what "collaborating with product and engineering" actually means
• Choosing the kind of company to work for
Other stuff about me:
• I have a passion for work with a mission. Some past projects include a website redesign for Tech for Campaigns, and websites and ads for local or state-level political campaigns. I've also worked with an early-stage startup in government procurement.
• Design interests: Design systems, career paths, creating processes with product and engineering, no-code tools like Notion and Webflow
• Other interests: Baking, Kpop, musicals
Feel free to get in touch to see if we might be a good fit! If you have clear goals and questions, great – let me know. If not, I'll ask you a bunch of questions so we can figure it out together.
$50 / month
Regular calls, per agreement
Unlimited Q&A via chat
Tasks & exercises
Flat fee, no hidden costs
7 day free trial! Cancel anytime.
One-off sessions are a great option if you’re looking for specific advice on a certain topic.
Not sure about your newest design? Not sure if your code is as good as it can be? Portfolio site looking a bit, meh? In this session, a mentor will sit down with you, and give you some inputs to make your work better, be …
We will send you a quick email if Robyn has new open spots for mentorship, and only in that case!