One-off sessions are a great option if you’re looking for specific advice on a certain topic.
If you're looking for a mentor, and you're just not sure about how this all works – this one is for you. In a casual, informal introductory call, a mentor will introduce themselves, show you around the platform, explain how our mentorships work, and explain …
Having a good resume on hand when going on the job hunt is crucial, and will make your search a lot easier. Even if you're not looking for a new position right now, having an up-to-date CV that sells your experience to future potential employers …
Looking to learn a new skill? The vast amount of resources on any topic on the internet can feel overwhelming at times. A mentor can give you an overview of worthwhile content, and work with you to create a study plan. For this session, it …
Some big interviews coming up? In this 1-hour session, a mentor with hiring experience will act as a technical interviewer and ask you some standard hiring questions that you might hear in one of your future interview too, and will evaluate your replies. As a …
Hi! My name is Fatima, and I'm a Senior Software Engineer (backend) at Yelp.
Here are some quick facts about me:
- I graduated from the University of Waterloo, Canada, in September 2019.
- I did 4 internships during my undergrad, ranging from working at a semiconductor company to a trading firm.
- My first full-time role was as a Software Developer at DRW, a trading firm, and I worked there for 2 years.
- I joined Yelp in October 2021.
- I'm also pursuing a Masters in Data Science.
- In 2022, I spoke at over 80 hackathons across North America.
- I've been a panelist at Harvard WeCode (2022 and 2023), and spoken at the Women Who Code Connect Event, Tapia Conference, Black is Tech Conference, and Women of Silicon Roundabout, London's biggest event for women in technology.
- I'm also deeply involved in tech mentorship (both short and long-term). I regularly have coffee chats with students and provide resume critiques, mock interviews, and general advice on breaking into and working in tech.
Come chat with me about: Technical Interviews, Public Speaking, Women in Tech, Mentorship, Career Growth, Imposter Syndrome, and much more!
Please come prepared with your questions. It would be even better if you could share them with me in advance, just so I can be a bit well prepared :)
In case of rescheduling/cancellations, please let me know in advance.
We will send you a quick email if Fatima has new open spots for mentorship, and only in that case!