California based designer with 6+ years of experience working in start-ups, mid-size companies, and larger enterprises. I love using design as a language to communicate complex ideas and file them down into a simple user experience. Using my background with design systems and coding, I love tackle global design issues with a systematic approach. After earning my BFA in Graphic Design, I split my career diving into product design and design system at Zillow, Zendesk, Gladly and now at MasterClass.
I’m here to support with:
- Advice on how to get into the field
- Finding champions in your workplace
- Being a woman in tech and finding your support team
- Understanding your job offer letters (stock options, salary, signing bonuses, etc)
- Career development (more than just where you see yourself in 5 years. What really drives you? How can find the right job that makes you happy? Steps on how to level up in your organization)
- Portfolio reviews and whiteboard session prep
- Navigating workplace dynamics and managing conflict like a boss
I’m interested in support women, underrepresented minority groups, and the LGBTQIA community. Preferably, those who are on the West Coast or can support PST hours.
$160/month4 spots left!
Includes unlimited Q&A via chat
Tasks & exercises
Up to 6 calls per month
Flat fee, no hidden costs
7 day free trial! Cancel anytime.
We will send you a quick email if Shelby has new open spots for mentorship, and only in that case!