I've been working in San Francisco and Silicon Valley for the last 20 years. I was Head of Product at 3 startups, ranging from 3-guys-in-a-garage to a Series D startup. I have always done a mix of hands-on PM work and managing other product managers. Before that, I started my career as a software engineer at Google, where I transitioned to product management.
I am currently on sabbatical, spending more time with my family (I'm a new dad) and deciding what's next. I have always enjoyed coaching my teammates (not just my direct reports but also indirect reports and peers), and enthusiastic about helping out others here.
Specific topics I especially enjoy talking about:
- Identifying how a PM can best contribute to their particular team, by matching strengths and weaknesses to find complements
- Adding just enough process to prevent chaos without hurting agility
- Resolving personality conflicts
- Changing career from engineering to product management
- Forging relationships with cross-functional stakeholders, especially Marketing, Sales, Customer Success
- Managing your stock options (disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor)
$199/month4 spots left!
Includes unlimited Q&A via chat
Tasks & exercises
Up to 2 calls per month
Expect responses in 2 days
Flat fee, no hidden costs
7 day free trial! Cancel anytime.
We will send you a quick email if Walter has new open spots for mentorship, and only in that case!