$390 / month
Regular calls, per agreement
Unlimited Q&A via chat
Expect responses in 24 hours or less
No spots left, but you can save the mentor to your wishlist to get notified about their open spots!
One-off sessions are a great option if you’re looking for specific advice on a certain topic.
Whatever doesn't fit the mold: Get a full hour with a mentor to discuss your needs. Be it help with coding something, creating a software architecture, deciding on a strategy for your business or working in pairs. If you don't know whether what you want …
As a Senior Software Engineer at GitHub Actions, I have a deep-rooted passion for distributed systems, developer and infrastructure tools, and platform engineering. My expertise primarily revolves around Go, Rust, Kubernetes, serverless architectures and the Cloud Native domain in general. I've always had a keen interest in system-level programming, Linux, and networking. At the moment, I am learning more about AI and sometimes I tinker with data and related "creative-coding" projects.
Beyond my primary expertise, I've branched out into areas like React, TypeScript, .NET, APIs, data engineering and Google Cloud to name a few. My past also saw me wearing the hats of a consultant, delivering hands-on training sessions, hosting podcasts, and organizing engaging meetups for the tech community. My dedication to sharing knowledge shines through the [newsletter](https://lucavallin.substack.com) I run, the blog posts I author, the talks I deliver, and my recognition as a Google Developer Expert (GDE). In addition, I take pride in founding my solopreneur venture, yet another (side) step in my professional journey.
For a deeper dive into my contributions, head over to my blog. For those new to open source, consider exploring FirstIssue.dev. Away from the screen, my time is spent cycling, cooking on a kamado, stargazing, or attending to my feline companions 🐈.
▶️ How I can help you
- Make you a better software engineer
- Prepare a learning plan with you and help you develop your skills (including the "soft" ones), grow professionally and cover gaps in your knowledge
- Help you in your daily work life
- Help you understand complex concepts
- Help you with your LinkedIn profile or Resume
- Give you productivity and career advice
- Help you find a new job and prepare for the interview
If you don't need a mentorship but only have a few questions I can answer (see my "Skills" and "Topics"), checkout the "Sessions" tab for a one-off consultation.
▶️ How it Works
- Send me an inquiry and we will see if there is a match for both of us
- Apply and start the 7 day trial: we'll discuss your goals and needs further. If you're onboard, we are going to start work hard towards your goals. Not happy? Cancel the trial.
▶️ What We Are Going to Do
I am for a tailored approach to mentoring: every person is different and has different goals and schedules. In general, my approach is the following:
- Discuss your goals and needs
- We'll identify and review gaps in your knowledge
- Prepare a roadmap to address goals, needs and gaps
- Homework: I will give you recommendations for books and articles to read and I will give you a project to work on
- I will review the code you write and enforce best practices, code quality, good software design
- Discuss anything going on right now in your daily work life
Looking forward to meeting you!
5 out of 5 stars
I've been really happy using my time with Luca so far. He is a very understanding mentor and very willing to work on whatever goal I have been focusing on. I wanted some help with my overall engineering skills and wanted to try learning more about distributed system. He is very helpful for pointing out design decisions and making suggestions. He also recommends very helpful readings!
5 out of 5 stars
Luca is a great mentor! He went above and beyond to help me reach my specific goals, and provides really great code reviews
5 out of 5 stars
I am very content with Luca as my mentor. Luca answers all my questions in depth and also explains scenarios from different perspectives. He is commited to keeping me consistently engaged and challenged. The tasks and project assigned to me are tailored to my wants and needs, this helps me a lot with the things I am working on. Looking forward to continuing this journey!
Software Engineer at GitHub. Into distributed systems, infrastructure & developer tools, cycling, cats and a number of hobbies over the …
Linux containers from scratch in C. Contribute to lucavallin/barco development by creating an account on GitHub.
Making your next open-source contribution doesn't have to be hard. First Issue is a curated list of accessible issues from …
We will send you a quick email if Luca has new open spots for mentorship, and only in that case!