If you work with me, here is what you can expect:
1) My Honest Feedback: I feel I should share honest feedback about everything you tell me. I am here to help your clarify your ideas, thoughts, plans and get you back on track or get you moving forward towards a goal. I'll share all I can, and you decide what to take away.
2) A Bouncing Board: sometimes founders just need a person to bounces ideas off, push back on a strategy, tear into an idea. You'll have access to me via email, Skype and Whatsapp messenger
3) I'd Like to Listen & Learn About You: this is key. In my sessions I spend 25% of the time just listening to you and trying to understand you as a founder. No matter which mentor you decide to work with, make sure they listen to you. Mentorship is not about simply dumping knowledge on you, rather, it's about listening to you, learning what you need and sharing what is needed to move you forward.
I also want to know what makes you excited about the project, whats driving you, where are you weak, what are you stressed or down about, hows your relationship with your co-founder, hows the startup and personal life balance, how are dealing with stress and how are you staying motivated. Emotional balance is key for any founder. Startup life is not easy (as you know by now).
4) I Suggest: I have experience starting companies from the ground up to $20M in revenue. I've grown sales teams, marketing teams, dev teams and supports teams to as large as 100. I've grinded and worked closely to understand customers. I've worked tremendously to understand the customer's pain, find a market-fit. I'd like to share these learnings with you.
I have 15+ years of experience leading and delivering high-quality products to market at aggressive schedules. I also have 15+ years of online marketing (email, paid media, influencer and social).
Few highlights of my background:
• Platforms I’ve lead and taken live: Facebook ads marketing, email marketing SaaS, online dating service, and online casual gaming.
• One of my previous companies was part of Y Combinator
• I am experienced working in Agile environments with fast MVP rollouts & data-driven decision making
• I’ve worked with and lead cross-functional teams in USA and India
• I also have extensive knowledge in the following marketing channels: email, SEO, content, social and paid marketing
• Currently, I mentor aspiring entrepreneurs and founders at SJSU
MentorCruise Podcast with me: https://mentorcruise.com/blog/chatting-about-startups-lloyd-jacob/
My Website: www.heyitslloyd.com
5 out of 5 stars
Amazing mentor. He helped me set up goals, and track them to get to where I want
Lloyd's been very accommodating.
Lloyd is an experienced entrepreneur with a ton of experience in the startup space and was an absolute pleasure to talk to. I'll be seeking out his advice again when I'm working on my go to market approach for my products or trying to understand my customer better.
If you’re like the majority of adults and people online right now, you want to build your own business someday. …
“A short-term mentorship is like an emergency number you call when you need help to resolve something quickly. Long-term mentorships …
I’ve started several startups, worked in companies as Senior Product Manager and as a Business Development Manager. Due to my …
$390 / month
Up to 5 calls per month
Unlimited Q&A via chat
Expect responses in 24 hours or less
Tasks & exercises
Flat fee, no hidden costs
7 day free trial! Cancel anytime.
One-off sessions are a great option if you’re looking for specific advice on a certain topic.
In this plan you will work very closely with your mentor. Here is what you can expect: - 1 hour call every week - access to me via Whatsapp for random communications - I will be working closely with you, almost as if I were …
Ideas come often, but something you just aren't sure if the world needs your product. That's where product need/validation is important. In this sessions let me help you focus, ask you questions to poke holes in your assumptions, help guide you and provide some clarity.
This call is specifically to help you discuss your idea/thoughts/questions and to see if I can help you as a mentor
Having a good resume on hand when going on the job hunt is crucial, and will make your search a lot easier. Even if you're not looking for a new position right now, having an up-to-date CV that sells your experience to future potential employers …
If you've had a rough time finding a new job or rising in your position, well it could just be a matter of how you frame yourself to those who will review you. I've helped over 20+ individuals land $150K-320K yearly roles. Allow me to …
I've developed products for over 15+ years in tech, my experience ranges from online social games, software distribution platforms, affiliate network software, email marketing and DSPs. I have also worked with/in/founder of startups and in corporate companies. If you are a PM looking for guidance …
Want to improve your webpage/landing page convertions? Then this session is for you. Note, this is not for an entire website feedback/re-design. With all my past startup ventures, I've lead the efforts in marketing. A large part of that is landing page designs. In this …
We will send you a quick email if Lloyd has new open spots for mentorship, and only in that case!